At Constance we’re always looking for opportunities to bring the world’s most distinguished chefs and winemakers to our hotels, to offer guests the chance to enjoy their expertise first hand.
And our own chefs and sommeliers seize the opportunity to host these special events, to widen their own knowledge and skill to ensure we continue to innovate and stay at the forefront of the culinary world.
Highlights from the last few weeks include:
- A wine dinner at Constance Moofushi hosted by Australian winemaker Geoff Krieger, General Manager of Brokenwood Wines. Read more.
- An exciting wine menu at Constance Halaveli, designed with fine wine suppliers Gavin Dais and Bastien Gautheron of MMI Dubai, which allowed guests to compare and contrast the distinctive qualities of wines from the New and Old World. Read more.
- Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage hosted a weeklong celebration of the very best New Zealand wines inviting some of the country’s leading winemakers to host wine dinners. Winemakers visiting Constance in Mauritius included Felton Road, Milton Vineyards and Winery, Ata Rengi, Escarpment and Pegasus Bay. Read more.
- Gerhard Smith of South African winery La Vierge visited Constance Ephélia to help create a sumptuous wine menu around its outstanding Pinot Noir wines and to talk to guests about the wines and how they are produced.
- Ephélia was also thrilled to welcome leading Indian celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor who created a stunning gala lunch for guests at the resort. Read more.
- Le Prince Maurice and Belle Mare Plage welcomed back Danish Michelin-starred chef Thomas Rode Andersen of the acclaimed Relais et Chateaux restaurant Kong Hans Kaelder in Copenhagen. The chef, who visited Constance in Mauritius previously for the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau, created two stunning signature dinners for guests. Read more
At Constance we never rest on our laurels and the calendar for next month is already filling up with distinguished guest chefs and winemakers. Highlights for November will include:
- A visit to Ephélia and Lémuria by leading South African boutique winemaker Charles Williams of De Toren.
- A return to Belle Mare Plage and Le Prince Maurice by renowned Michelin-starred chef Robert Speth of Chesery Restaurant in Gstaad.