Time is running out to join Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice in a celebration of New Zealand wines including the opportunity to meet some of the country’s most famous winemakers.
The weeklong wine event from 15-21 September will include a series of unique wine menus in the restaurants of both resorts in which the New World wines will be paired with exquisite dishes specially prepared by our chefs.
New Zealand winemakers visiting Mauritius for this special event will include:
- Felton Road
- Millton Vineyards and Winery
- Ata Rengi
- Pegasus Bay
Escarpment wine dinner at La Spiaggia, Belle Mare Plage – Monday 16 September
- Smoked marlin carpaccio, green apple salpicon, honey lemon and herbs dressing paired with Escarpment Riesling 2011
- Black tiger prawn salad, Japanese pearl, watermelon marinated with basil and pink pepper paired with Escarpment Chardonnay 2011
- Beef fillet cooked in the pan, celeriac puree, confit shallots, red wine jus paired with Escarpment Kiwa Pinot Noir 2011
- Lemon meringue tart mille-feuille style, strawberry sherbet paired with Escarpment Hinemoa Riesling 2011
Pegasus Bay wine dinner at La Kaze, Belle Mare Plage – Tuesday 17 September
- Crab meat and condiments, pumpkin mousse with curry leaves paired with Pegasus Bay Sauvignon Sémillon 2011
- Grilled jobfish fillet with fennel seeds, glazed baby vegetables and mussels with citrus salsa, saffroned matelote jus paired with Pegasus Bay Bel Canto Dry Riesling 2011
- Spit-roasted sucking pig, grilled vegetables tian with thyme-confit potato with roasted garlic rice paired with Pegasus Bay Pinot Noir 2010
- Roasted banana with muscovado sugar, coconut ‘dacquoise’, rum ice-cream paired with Main Divide Pokiri Late Picked Pinot Gris 2009
Ata Rengi wine dinner at Deer Hunter, Belle Mare Plage – Wednesday 18 September
- Mauritian canapés served with Ata Rangi Lismore Pinot Gris 2013
- Red tuna cannelloni with ‘Dandarangan’, olive oil, citrus salpicon with pink pepper, ‘Victoria’ pineapple jelly, crispy faratha paired with Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay 2011
- Braised beef cheek with Tasmanian pepper, potato purée with truffle oil, glazed turnip and carrot, blackcurrant jus paired with Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2008
- Cheesecake with confit orange, passion fruit sherbet paired with Ata Rangi Kahu Botrytis Riesling 2013
Read more about this exciting wine event: Constance celebrates New Zealand Wines in Mauritius
Tempted to join the festivities?
Check late booking availability for both Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice.