Enjoy #ConstanceWithU at home by recreating these delicious signature dishes made by our award-winning chefs, and treat your tastebuds to incredible flavours as you remember your time beside the Indian Ocean.
Guests of Constance Hotels & Resorts can enjoy an array of culinary delights during their stay, from authentic Indian Ocean cuisine to Asian-inspired flavours and Creole dishes.
Poached Madagascan Shrimp
Recollect on your time in paradise by recreating this poached Madagascan Shrimp dish, full of incredible flavours you will be savouring long after. A light lunch perfect for sunny days, easily whip up this colourful creation following the steps of our esteemed chefs.
- 300g Shrimp
- 60g Okras
- 120g Cherry tomato yellow
- 160g Cherry tomato
- 40g Edamamé bean
- 60g Red reddish
- 16g Onion pickles
- 4g Fresh Mint
- 4g Fresh coriander
- 4g Fresh Basil
- 600gTomato consommé
- Cut the onion into petals
- Heat vinegar, water, sugar and salt to make a syrup.
- Let the syrup cool down, and then add the onion petals.
- Chop the tomatoes and add basil, mint, water and salt in the mixer, then blend.
- Strain the mixture.
- Poach the shrimp in a court bouillon for 3 minutes at 50 degrees Celcius.
- Assemble all the garnishes and shrimp together in a bowl.
- Pour the consommé into the bowl and drop the basil oil.
- Add mint, and serve.
Lobster Salad Dish
Embrace authentic Creole cuisine with this moreish Lobster salad, oozing with flavours reminiscent of blissful afternoons under the glorious sun at Constance Hotels & Resorts. Take heed from the outstanding chefs and recreate these delicious dishes.
- 200g slow-cooked lobster
- 50g baby romaine lettuce
- 1 quail egg
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 120ml white wine vinegar
- 60g sugar
- 250 ml water
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2pcs of bay leaves
- 5g coriander seeds
- 1 pc of chilli pine
For the apple sauce:
- 25g Pineapple
- 5g Sugar
- 10ml Red wine
For the pumpkin dressing:
- 25g Pickled pumpkin
- 10ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 5 g Passion fruit puree
- 2g Thai red chilli
- A few sprigs of mustard cress
- 5g avocado salsa
- 5g passion fruit
- Slow cook the lobster, cool and set aside.
- Half boil quail egg, deshell and keep aside.
- To make the pineapple sauce, slow cook pineapple with sugar, red wine and pineapple juice, cool and blend finely.
- Combine all ingredients for the pickled pumpkin in a pot and heat until salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Cool and soak the pumpkin cubes for at least 24 hours, till pickled.
- Blend pickled pumpkin, extra virgin olive oil and passionfruit puree together to a thick consistency.
- Slice chilli and dip them in ice water until ready to serve.
- To serve, slice the lobster in roundels, with all the ingredients as in the picture above.
Think back to your time overlooking the magnificent turquoise lagoon at Constance Halaveli as you delight in delicious Californian rolls. Following our sushi chefs’ expertise, you can enjoy #ConstanceWithU, by recreating these tasty treats.
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 sheets of nori
- 1/2 cup of sushi rice
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 small toasted cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 4 crabsticks torn into pieces
- Soy sauce
- Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap.
- Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
- Lay 1 Sheet Of Nori, Shiny Side Down, On The Plastic Covered Mat.
- Wet your fingers with water and spread rice evenly onto the nori. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
- Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down. Then place 1/8 of the cucumber, avocado and crab sticks in the centre of the sheet.
- Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
- Pull away the mat and set it aside, covering it with a damp cloth.
- Repeat until all of the rice has been used. Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Serve With Pickled Ginger, Wasabi And Soy Sauce.
A sweet treat to end a meal in paradise in the perfect way, a Sacher Torte is one of
Constance Hotels & Resorts signature dishes that you can create at home. Two layers of soft and light chocolate cake, separated by apricot jam, coated with rich chocolate.
- 520g butter
- 160g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch of salt
- 480g of egg yolk
- 480g melted chocolate
- 720g egg whites
- 720g sugar
- 520g flour
- Mix together butter, icing sugar, vanilla bean and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add egg yolk, then melted chocolate and keep the mixture aside.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites and add sugar.
- Fold both mixtures gently together and add sieved flour.
- Bake at 140°C for 25 minutes.
- Once cooled, prepare the cake with Apricot jam and Chocolate ganache.
Will you be recreating any of these dishes? Let us know in the comments below.
Fancy a cocktail to enjoy? Check out our 5 Classic Constance Cocktails.
Feel free to reach out via our social channels and share your photos with the hashtag #MyConstanceMoment
Hope for sunnier days with #ConstanceWithU