Delicious tandoori chicken, best served with long grain basmati rice, cucumber salad, grilled veggies and roasted corn on the cob.
- 2lbs chicken cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon juice. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine yoghurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth. Spread yoghurt mixture over chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours (the longer the better).
3. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink and juices run clear. Alternatively, bake the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 230ºC.
Garnish with coriander and lemon wedges.