Indulge in this delicious pudding from our chef at Constance Lémuria in the Seychelles, combining the tropical flavours of rum and banana with the decadent richness of a chocolate syrup.
- 12 fresh bananas
- 400g white sugar
- 150g warm water
- 50ml dark rum
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 60g flour
- 100g unsweetened cocoa
- 250g sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 250g water
- 1tsp vanilla
For the banana caramel
1. Melt the sugar in a saucepan until brown. Add the warm water, stir well and add the peeled bananas.
2. Bring back to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Allow to cool down and add the rum.
4. Leave to marinate.
For the flan mixture
1. Boil the milk.
2. Mix the egg and sugar well then add the sifted four and mix again.
3. Pour the egg mix into the milk and bring to the boil (keep stirring to avoid burning at the bottom). Once it boils take off the heat.
For the chocolate syrup
1. Mix all the ingredients, bring to the boil and strain. Keep in the fridge.
1. Slice the bananas and place them at the bottom of a mould. Poor in the flan mix and bake at 200ºC for 20 minutes.
2. Allow to cool, then keep in the fridge for 12 hours.
3. Unmould the flan and serve with chocolate syrup.
- Find out more about Constance Lémuria or make a booking on our website
- Discover how to make the ultimate tropical fruit mocktail
- Discover more about the food of the Seychelles.