Take a day away from beaches and 5* luxury to immerse yourself and your family in an action adventure set deep in the Mauritian jungle.
Persuading the kids to leave the iPad and phone behind can be a tough ask these days, but in Mauritius before they’ve had the chance to utter those hateful words, I’m bored, they’ll be deep in the jungle crossing rope bridges, ziplinging over treetops and swimming in natural pools.
There are so many exhilarating outdoor activities based in the verdant, mountainous natural parks of Mauritius that even the most apathetic teenager will be hard pressed not to get involved.
Live in the moment
A family adventure can be a great fun way for all ages to forget about their own separate interests and worries and reconnect as a group.
Let your sometimes sullen teen lead the way and discover hidden paths, treetop tracks, Nepalese bridges and knotted ropes and before long you’ll all tap into that exhilarating childhood sense of adventure and wonder.
Whether you want to zipline over treetops, waterfalls and plantations or try canyoning, or ‘Go Ape’ style treetop walking there’s masses to do in Mauritius.
- Treetop Tracks through jungle on a range of trails
- Canyon swing, canyoning, Via Ferrata, ziplining, quad bike or Segway safaris at Casela Park
- Ziplining over the beautiful scenery of Rivière des Galets in the south of Mauritius
If you want to get even further off the beaten track and explore on your own there are a wide variety of hiking trails for all levels spanning Mauritius’ three mountain ranges and many nature parks.
- Black River Peak – hike the relatively easy trail through lush forest to one of Mauritius’ highest peaks and be rewarded with stunning views of the island.
- Hike and swim in natural pools with a walk to the breath-taking Tamarind Falls
- For a bit of high octane hiking adventure try a river trek which involves sliding down rocks, canyoning, hiking and swimming all rolled into one.
- Find out more about luxury long haul family holidays to Mauritius
- Check out our guide to things to do on family holidays in Mauritius
- Discover more about mountain hiking in Mauritius
- Get inspiration, tips and advice from a family who tour the world looking for adventure.