Award-winning masters such as chef Stephane Labastide help to deliver delicious moments like no other at Constance Hotels & Resorts.
Constance Hotels & Resorts carries the belief that culinary experiences are an essential part of any memorable vacation. Here you can indulge in our exquisite selection of desserts, expertly crafted by our team of pastry chefs, using only the finest ingredients.
From decadent chocolate creations to refreshing fruit-based delights, these desserts are sure to delight your taste buds and leave you craving more.
A Winning Chef
Labastide is one of Constance Prince Maurice’s incredible chefs, and captain of the Mauritian Pastry Team, winning silver at the World Cup African selection in Morocco. His winning dish was a Gianduja biscuit with creamy Valhrona-Constance chocolate, hibiscus preserved and sherbet.
‘‘Since I joined the school, I’ve always wanted to be a baker. At 14 I had to do an internship in a bakery but they put me in pastry… since then we have never separated. A passion for gastronomy – dessert, bread, savoury dishes and wine.”
Furthermore, he worked as a pastry chef for 3 years in Paris, before heading around the world from London to Tuscany, Monaco to Guadeloupe before finding ‘the love of his life,’ Mauritius.
Labastide invites you to enjoy #ConstanceWithU, with this award-winning chocolate creation oozing with rich and luxurious flavour.
Chef Stephane Labastid’s Cabosse Au Chocolate Valrhona
▪ 100g Egg
▪ 30g Interverted sugar syrup
▪ 50g Sugar
▪ 30g Crushed hazelnuts
▪ 48g Flour
▪ 10g Cocoa powder
▪ 3g Baking powder
▪ 48g of 35% fat liquid cream
▪ 30g Dark chocolate
- Begin by mixing the eggs, inverted sugar syrup and sugar in a blow.
- Secondly, add in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Next, add the cream and melted chocolate.
- Spread the Valrhona on an oven-safe plate, then sprinkle with hazelnuts that have been toasted and crushed beforehand.
- Lastly, bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.
Valrhona milky Gianduja cream
▪ 125g of 35% mg liquid cream
▪ 125g whole milk
▪ 50g egg yolk
▪225g Valrhona milky hazelnut Gianduja
- Make a custard cream with milk, cream, egg yolks and sugar
2. After that, pour the cream over the gianduja then refrigerate for 12 hours
Milk Chocolate Whipped Cream
▪ 350g of Valrhona milk chocolate Jivara
▪500g of liquid cream 35%mg
- Melt the milk chocolate
- Pour the hot cream then mix
- Leave to cool for 12 hours
▪ 100g Constance dark chocolate 68% Valrhona
▪ 10g grapeseed oil
Please note, tt is important to make the whipped cream and the cream the day before assembly so that the two ingredients crystallise.
Will you be trying this #ConstanceCreates recipe at home? Let us know in the comments!
Start planning your culinary escape to the Indian Ocean with Constance Hotels & Resorts today.
Want to try more creations? Test your skills by recreating more culinary wonders here.
Feel free to reach out via our social channels and share your photos with the hashtag #MyConstanceMoment