At Constance Hotels & Resorts, guests can delight in a plethora of exquisite dishes made by incredible chefs, each specialised to the highest degree to deliver unbelievable meals.
Do you think you have what it takes to follow in the footsteps of our chefs, and put your culinary skills to the test by recreating some of these Constance Classics at home? Read on to find out.
Chicken Supreme Dish
The chicken supreme brings together aromatic flavours inspired by Thai and French cooking, coming together to create a taste sensation like no other. One of the perfect dishes for a special evening, it is bound to impress those you are serving and allow you to think back to special evenings spent enjoying this delicious meal beside the Indian Ocean at Constance Halaveli.
- 160g chicken stuffing
- 30g corn-fed chicken
- 30g lemongrass
- 30g ginger
- Red chilli
- Spring onion
- Kaffer lime leave
- Fresh coriander leaves.
- Coconut milk
- Minced chicken
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Red Thai curry paste
- Vegetable stock
- Firstly, chop all ingredients finely and combine minced chicken, chicken stuffing, lemongrass and ginger in a mixing bowl with the sesame and soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to chicken breast, so that it is warped in corn shape, then vacuum and cook with sous vide for 30 minutes at 55°.
- Remove the chicken from the vacuum and add to a pan set to medium heat. Cook until golden brown. Then set aside.
- After that, you can begin with the risotto. Heat a pan on low heat, then add the onion, garlic and celery, stirring them well.
- Then add the rice for 2- 3 minutes, continuing to stir. After this, add stock and curry paste, and leave to cook until rice is done.
- Finally to create the kaffer lime leaves foam, infuse the coconut milk with the leaves and heat up until foam forms.
- Plate up this dish, first placing the rice down, then foam, and add the chicken to the top.
- Lastly, garnish with finely chopped chives and serve.
Maldivian Yellowfin Tuna
A true Maldivian delicacy which you can recreate back home, these succulent Yellow Fin Tuna dishes provide showstopping tastes of the Indian Ocean, transporting you back to delicious lunches in a tropical paradise. This dish will test your skills in the kitchen and offer maximum reward in a tasty dish to savour. Read on to find out how to recreate it.
- 100g yellowfin tuna loin
- 60g foie gras
- 100g shallot (finely sliced)
- Balsamic vinegar
- 60g kale (finely sliced)
- 50g bok choy (finely sliced)
- Thai red chilli (finely sliced)
- Garlic (chopped)
- 10g red onion (finely chopped)
- Olive oil
- 40g butter
- 50g beef jus
- 100ml vegetable stock
- To make the shallot puree, heat up a saucepan and add oil and shallots with thyme. Sautéed until golden brown
- Add balsamic stir well and add stock cook until it has reduced, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside to cool and then blend until very smooth. Then put it into a saucepan, add butter and beef jus and mix well. Set aside to serve.
- Meanwhile, it is time to make sautéed kale, bok choy and red chilli, heat up the pan add olive oil cook on very low heat add the chopped onion and garlic. Stir well and then add the kale, bok choy and red chilli. Next, set to medium heat and continue to stir, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Move on to cook the tuna loin by marinating the tuna with salt, pepper and oil, then cook with a very hot pan, searing both sides until medium rare.
- Finally, plate the Tuna, foie gras, sautéed kale and shallot puree finish by adding some beef jus.
Garden Vegetable Sushi Rolls
Garden Vegetable Sushi Rolls are one of those dishes you will never bore of. With their incredible amalgamation of flavours, you can recreate them at home and become a sushi master. All you need is a rolling mat and the ingredients and you are ready to reminisce on the flavours of Constance Hotels & Resorts.
- ½ cup sushi rice
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp coarse salt
- Filling2/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 12 green beans (trimmed)
- 1 small carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 10 shiitake mushroom caps
- 3 sheets of nori seaweed
- 3 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup daikon radish sprouts
- Bring the broth, soy sauce, and mirin to boil in a skillet. Then add the green beans and carrot. Cover and allow to simmer for 6 minutes, then transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Secondly, add the mushrooms to the remaining liquid and bring to a simmer. Cover, and allow to simmer for 4 minutes, turning once.
- Cool and cut the mushrooms into thin strips.
- Next, place 1 nori sheet (shiny side down) on a sushi mat. Spread one-third of the sushi rice over the nori, leaving a 1-inch border at the top edge. Sprinkle with 1tsp of sesame seeds.
- Arrange green beans, carrots, mushrooms, and sprouts in order below the centre line of rice.
- Finally, dampen the top edge of nori with water; roll up from the bottom, and seal with the top edge. Repeat with remaining nori, rice, sesame seeds, and vegetables. Cut each roll into 8 slices.
Have you tried any of these recipes at home? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Fancy a cocktail to enjoy alongside your delicious meal? Check out our 5 Classic Constance Cocktails.
Feel free to reach out via our social channels and share your photos with the hashtag #MyConstanceMoment
Hope for sunnier days with #ConstanceWithU