Each year we are proud to be part of the global celebrations for World Environment Day, and this year was no different.
With the theme of Think.Eat.Save, everyone has been encouraged to take action at home and to witness the power of collective decisions we make to help reduce food waste, save money, minimise the environmental impact of food production and force food production processes to become more efficient.
Here’s a look at how we took part in this global day of action at each of our hotels.
- In the morning: Tour of the island with guests for cleaning our magic island
- In the afternoon: fishing in the Malagasy way. Malagasy use small fishing boats called Pirogue to fish. At Tsarabanjina, we organized a fishing excursion
- For dinner: candle lit dinner using: Tsarabanjina spices, Mitsio fish and Nosy be vegetables and rice
Constance Belle Mare Plage
- Supporting a local school for disabled children, Joie de Vivre, we are actively involved in activities to support this school based in Poste de Flacq
- Tree planting, and maintenance including painting, electrical & plumbing
- Mini-reportage on the flora that exists at the CBMP
We run a programme to raise awareness with our guests and staff about the different plants within the hotel, their history in Mauritius and how it creates a unique environment at the hotel.
- Bio-menu for hotel staff at L’Heritage Restaurant
- Expo on taking care of sea turtles at L’Heritage Restaurant by the Blues Diving
- Saturday 8 June – Lagoon cleaning at Belle Mare, in collaboration with Blues Diving
- Ros Lapa Walk and tree planting with our recreation team
- Mangrove Walk & Talk activity, followed by refreshments including coconut water, local banana and breadfruit chips
- A special health/organic dinner at Helios Restaurant.
- Special activities with our youngest guests at our Kids Club
- Planting trees in the Kids Club and other eco-fun activities with children
- Eco Breakfast with healthy organic food
- Tree planting… expressing our appreciation of Nature
- Donation event for a social sustainable cause
- Visit by the Minister of the Environment of the Seychelles who took part in a tree planting ceremony to launch the World Environment Day festivities
- Special Yoga Session customised to Constance Environmental Thinking and Well Being
- Planting of Herb Garden among guests and personnel
- Cooking class focused on portion size and waste control by the Executive Chef
- Planting 50 Palm Trees on Alikoi, our private island
- Setting up of three new coral cages
- Drawing competition among children at the Kid’s Club
- Lecture on Environmental Safety in regards to Marine Life at the diving centre, and later, lagoon cleaning with the hotel’s personnel
- Zero carbon/raw food menu – highlighting the local ingredients and the main course cooked on a BBQ over dried coconut shells (all ingredients locally purchased and no energy used to cook)
- South Ari Atoll begins own Coral Planting Programme
Constance Moofushi Maldives has initiated a coral planting. The main purpose of the activity is to restore the health of the marine life on their surrounding reef, in particular, our very important dive sites. The reef has suffered from the natural effects. Trampling on corals and over exploitation of marine resources has also taken its toll on the declining health of the reef.
Find out more