This week at Constance Ephélia and Constance Lémuria we are proud to be part of the global celebrations for World Environment Day on 5 June 2013.
Eco-tourism has always been important to us and to mark this special day we have developed a programme of events exploring the precious natural resources that surround us in the Seychelles.
Minister of the Environment visits Lémuria
To help us celebrate we are pleased to welcome the Minister of the Environment who is visiting Lémuria and will take part in a tree planting ceremony to launch our World Environment Day festivities.
World Environment Day events at Ephélia
- Tree planting
- Nature walks
- A special promotion at Spa de Constance including a natural detox using a coffee scrub and lemon grass oil massage and an aloe vera relaxing experience with body massage and facial
- An organic dinner at Helios Restaurant
- Exciting kids activities such as a zip line through the forest, a mangrove walk and exploring the island by kayak and pedalo
World Environment Day at Lémuria
- A bio breakfast
- A tree planting ceremony
- Special ‘green’ cocktails
- A chef’s garden dinner
- A range of nature activities for kids including an age appropriate workshops on trees and deforestation, leaf drawing and an exploration of the island walk/ride
Protecting the local environment at Constance
Since first coming to this beautiful region our aim at Constance has been to make as little impact on the natural environment as possible and to protect the biodiversity we find here.
In Lémuria this has meant safeguarding the stunning beaches around the hotel on the island of Praslin, as well running a turtle preservation programme to protect our most precious visitors – the endangered hawksbill and green turtles.
Awards at Ephélia
From concept to design and construction of Constance Ephélia we strove to protect the natural environment on Mahé as much possible. In 2011 we were recognised for this with the prestigious Landscape Gold Award at the South African Landscape Industry Award.
In 2012 we were immensely proud to have our work at Ephélia recognised by the Seychelles government with a Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Certificate, acknowledging the biodiversity and culture of the Seychelles.
Find out more
- Top 5 wildlife adventures in the Seychelles
- Discover what we at Constance Hotels and Resorts do to support sustainable tourism
- Find out what other events are taking place around the world to celebrate World Environment Day