Savour the authentic flavours of the Seychelles with this spicy creole fish recipe from Constance Lémuria.Will you be enjoying red snapper on the beach?
- 2tbsp butter
- ¾ celery stick
- ½ onion
- ½ green pepper (chopped)
- 1 large tin tomatoes
- 5 fresh bay leaves
- ½tsp chilli powder
- ½tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- ½tsp pepper
- 3-4 whole fish
- 2tbsp lemon juice
1. Prepare the Creole sauce by sautéing the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until golden, approximately 5 minutes).
2. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, chilli powder, salt, sugar and pepper and bring to the boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until thickened.
3. While sauce is simmering, line a roasting pan with buttered foil and place fish in the pan. Pour 2 tablespoons of lemon juice over the fish.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Pour 1 cup of sauce over the fish. Bake, basting, for a further 10 minutes.
- Find out more about Constance Lémuria or make a booking on our website
- For more Seychellois cooking inspiration try Lémuria’s tuna ravioli recipe
- Find out what makes a holiday at Constance Lémuria the ultimate luxury getaway.