Perfect for a weekend lunch, this simple scallop recipe is even more delicious when served al fresco.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 20 scallops without roes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 curry leaves
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 10cl chicken stock
- 2 tbsp crème fraè«che
- 20g butter
- salt and pepper
1. Peel and chop the garlic. Chop the curry leaves and coriander.
2. Dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 20 seconds, cool in iced water then peel them. Quarter them and remove the seeds.
3. Peel the grapefruit, cutting into the flesh, cut off the segments with a sharp knife.
4. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, pan-sear them in the olive oil for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
5. In the same pan, sauté for 3 minutes the garlic with the curry leaves, the grapefruit segments and the tomatoes. Set aside and keep warm.
6. Pour the white wine into the pan, reduce by one third, then add the chicken stock and reduce by half. Add crème fraè«che, whisk in the butter, correct seasoning.
7. Divide the scallops, grapefruit segments and tomatoes between 4 soup plates. Add the sauce, sprinkle with chopped coriander.