The perfect accompaniment to a curry, this Naan Bread recipe from the kitchens of Constance Halaveli is quick and easy to make.
- 300g flour
- 5g baking powder
- 10g salt
- 200ml milk
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 50ml oil
- 1 egg
1. Sift the salt and baking powder into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
2. Mix the sugar, milk, eggs, and 3/4s of the oil in a bowl.
3. Pour this into the centre of the flour and knead, adding water if necessary to form a soft dough.
4. Add the remaining oil and knead again until smooth then cover with a damp cloth, leave for 2-3 hours.
5. About half an hour before the naan is required, turn on the oven to 200 degrees C.
6. Divide the naan into 8 balls and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
7. Shape each ball of dough with the palms of your hands to make an oval shape.
8. Bake the naan bread until they are puffed up and golden brown.
Try this naan bread with our delicious Constance Chicken and Prawn Curry in coconut milk
Recipe: Naan Bread | Constance Hotels | Vacation Guide SiteApril 13, 2012 at 8:37 am
[…] the original post: Recipe: Naan Bread | Constance Hotels Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers […]
JaniceOctober 14, 2016 at 6:57 am
The recipe for naan bread looks good but you don’t mention how much oil to add in Number 2 below for how or how much to use in :Number 3. below. So I need to know how much oil to use in 2. and how much to use in number 3. Thanks.
2.Mix the sugar, milk, eggs, and oil in a bowl.
3. Pour this into the centre of the flour and knead adding water if necessary to form a soft dough.
. Add the remaining oil and knead again then cover with a damp cloth, leave for 2-3 hours.
Constance HotelsOctober 19, 2016 at 10:28 am
Hi Janice, thank you for pointing this out! We have updated the recipe to make it clearer. We hope you enjoy making the naan bread :-)