This wonderful bread served with smoked pork belly is perfect for snacking on at the start of a relaxed weekend lunch.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Raising time: 2 hours
- 75g boucane (smoked pork belly)
- 125g flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 125g fine semolina
- 10g fresh baker’s yeast
- olive oil for brushing
- 5g salt
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Cut off the rind from the boucane, then finely dice the meat. Cook it in boiling water for 20 minutes, then drain.
3. In a salad bowl, gather all the ingredients except the salt and boucane. Knead by hand for 8 minutes. Add the salt and boucane, knead for 2 more minutes.
4. Divide this dough into 2 equal-sized balls. Roll out each one separately in an oval shape, about 15cm long and 5cm wide. Lay each fougasse on a biscuit sheet, cut 3 diagonal slits into each one with a sharp knife, and let them rest for 2 hours at room temperature. They should double in size.
5. Bake the fougasses for about 20 minutes in the oven. Take them out of the oven and brush them with olive oil.
Recipe: Fougasse bread with smoked pork belly | Elegance … | Vacation Guide SiteJanuary 27, 2012 at 11:15 am
[…] the original post: Recipe: Fougasse bread with smoked pork belly | Elegance … Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers […]