The two revolutionary Swedish chefs behind Stockholm’s Michelin-starred Gastrologik will bring their passion for ‘new Nordic’ cuisine to guests at Constance Lémuria later this month.
Chef Jacob Holmström and partner pastry chef Anton Bjuhr opened Gastrologik in 2011 around the philosophy that the quality of the produce served is as important as its preparation.
As a result the chefs’ work in partnership with local producers and the menu at Gastrologik is decided on a seasonal, monthly, even sometimes a daily basis, around the best produce available.
In 2013 Gastrologik was awarded a Michelin-star in recognition of its innovative approach to simple, fresh, fine dining and last year Jacob Holmström won second prize, alongside Constance chef Sandy Sokalingum, in the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau at Constance Belle Mare Plage.
Dates for the diary
The Swedish chefs will visit Constance Lémuria from 18 – 25 January and will create two special Nordic dinners for guests at the Seahorse restaurant on 20 January and 24 January. The chefs will also hold a cooking demonstration on 21 January.
Mouth-watering Nordic delights
Highlights from the Nordic dinners will include:
• Spanner crab, cream of the roe, horseradish, pumpkin and dill
• Pan-fried duck breast with warm whipped duck egg and crudités
• Pork belly with crispy crackling, berries and celeriac cream
• Caramel ice-cream with celeriac cream and hazel nuts
- See menus of the two special Nordic dinners
- Find out more about the gastronomy experience at Constance
- For more information on Gastrologik and chefs Jacob Holmström and Anton Bjuhr visit the Gastrologik website
- Take a foodie journey into Indian Ocean cuisine
- Find out more about gastronomy holidays to the Indian Ocean
- Learn how to cook sous-vide from Michelin-starred chef Lionel Rigolet
- Find out more about the New Nordic Cuisine movement.