Take inspiration from Le Prince Maurice, and match food with fine wines, selected from the hotel’s extensive wine cellar.
1. Springfield Estate, ‘Life from Stone’, Sauvignon Blanc, 2011, Robertson region, South Africa
This Sauvignon Blanc has an expressive nose with exotic fruit flavours of passion fruit, pineapple and hints of grapefruit. It is crispy in the mouth, full of minerals with a citrus fruit aftertaste.
Albacore tuna carpaccio, celeriac and preserved lemon
2. Mullineux White Blend, Chris and Andrea Mullineux, 2011, Swartland Region, South Africa
This has a glorious nose of apricot, peach and honey, a harmonious blend with a beautiful complexity and a lemony freshness and fruitiness.
Faye faye crab millefeuille and victoria pineapple with coconut dressing.
3. Felton Road, Chardonnay, ‘Bannockbum’ 2010, Central Otago, New Zealand
The nose expresses top notes of white peach and cashew followed by a hint of toasted oak. Rich mouth filling flavours of white peach followed by some spicy taste, a touch of citrus and creamy in texture with a long aftertaste.
Grouper fillet cooked on a low temperature, creamy mussel marinière and local river watercress puree.
4. Vuurberg Red, Rall Donovan, 2009, Stellenbosch region, South Africa
Incredible concentration with intense fruit and structure in the mouth. Lots of cassis and spicy, leather notes with a firm tannin structure and the potential to evolve beautifully. Decanting recommended.
Roasted duck breast from the South Island with herbal flavours, sautéed sweet potato and pumpkin with braised mushrooms.
5. St Emillon Chèóteau Tertre Roteboeuf, Grand Cru Classé, 2004, Bordeaux Region, France
With floral notes and black fruit aromas this is charming and elegant in the mouth. It has a very fruity and caressing taste with soft tannin, excellent balance and a splendid finish.
Strips of foie gras and Australian beef tenderloin, pan-fried exquise potatoes from the South, oyster mushroom and onion pickles.
Wine cellar at Constance Le Prince Maurice
For more inspiration guests at Le Prince Maurice can visit the wine cellar and join our sommeliers for a wine tasting where you can sample a selection of some of the best wines from the new and old world.
- Constance head sommelier seeks out France’s finest wines
- Top tips for food and wine pairing
- Discover more about Food and Wine Pairing
- Visit our website for more information on the wine cellar at Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius