January is definitely the time of year where you would like to stay motivated and set new goals or exciting plans for the whole year, right?
Time to clear those festive built-up and plan the whole new year stretching out ahead?
Surely, 2020 is a year to be marked!😊
Rest assured, we have put together effortless tips on how you can do so this year!
Keep reading and discover our top January motivation list as well as how to mark this new year!
Plan your tropical holiday!
Is the Indian Ocean on your list?
There is nothing better than counting down the days until you are on the plane to your next tropical holiday.
Being surrounded by the beautiful blue Indian Ocean and being immersed in a wonderful new culture is enough to get anyone motivated.
Experience sun-kissed beaches and adrenaline-fuelled activities in Mauritius or celebrate your dream honeymoon in the Maldives.
Here’s what will boost your January motivation level: Exclusive Offers ⭐️
Simple delicious recipes
Healthy food equals a healthy body and mind. Start the year feeling re-energized and rejuvenated with our favourite flavourful dishes from around the Indian Ocean. Here are our four favourite flavourful recipes:
- Health Bowl – Mix together 40g boiled chickpea, 40g steamed broccoli, 40g steamed romanesco cauliflower, 40g steamed carrot, 30g sliced cucumber, 40g sliced avocado, 20g rocket leaves, 20g iceberg lettuce, 20g sliced celery stick, 20g sliced red onion, 10g toasted pine nuts, 20g extra virgin olive oil, 0.5g Himalayan pink salt and 0.3g crushed black pepper. Enjoy!
- Nicoise Salad – Make the dressing by mixing together lemon juice, mustard, olive oil. Cut baby cos lettuce, frisee lettuce, oakleaf lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, capers, bell pepper, baby radish, potato and anchovy and mix together, keeping to one side. Clean and blanch green beans and add to vegetable mixture. Boil an egg and cut into wedges before mixing into the salad. Pan sear the yellowfin tuna lion for 2 minutes each side and mix into the salad. Season with salt and pepper. Yum!
- Grilled Tofu Salad – Cut 50g of carrot, 40g green papaya and 50g cucumber into thin slices. Mix 25g of white, 50g white vinegar and 25g of sugar in a pan, adding the slices of papaya and leave to boil. Season the carrot and cucumber slices with salt and set aside. Cut 100g of tofu into cubes and grill until crispy, place to one side. Make a thick pesto paste by blending 117g of frozen peas, 20g fresh basil leaves, 30g olive oil, 10g lemon juice, 40g of hot water and a little salt. Sieve the pesto mixture through a sieve to remove any lumps. Make a base of pesto on a plate and arrange all the vegetables and tofu, drizzling some olive and pepper to decorate – and finally, dig in!
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh – Toast 17g to sesame seeds for 10-12 minutes until golden and keep to one side. Rinse the 500g cauliflower and cut into chunks before placing into a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until it becomes a coarse grain texture. Add the cauliflower into a large bowl and add 30g parsley, 20g fresh mint, 12g onion 12g garlic, 74g cherry tomatoes, 65g olive calamata, 81g cucumber, 18ml lemon juice, 25ml soy sauce, 11ml extra virgin olive oil, 3g smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the ingredients all together and top with the toasted sesame seeds and serve. Delicious!
Set your goals
Activities you are passionate about
Goal setting is a powerful process and motivates you to think about your future. These goals can be as little or as big as you like. We’ve picked out our favourite goal inspirations for this year below including some activities you might be passionate about:
- Become a wine expert – Discover the aromas of a range of delicious wines, with an immersive wine tasting experience. Browse over 40,000 wines from 2,300 wineries worldwide, paired with gourmet cold cuts and an irresistible cheese selection.
- Discover an underwater paradise – Snorkel or scuba dive your way into a world of colour in one of the world best diving sites, discovering stingrays, tropical fish and giant turtles in the crystal clear depths.
- Take a water hammock selfie – There is only one way to capture the magical memory of relaxing in a hammock above water – with a selfie! Make sure you share your photos at Constance Halaveli in the comments below!
- Ziplining – Get your adrenaline pumping this year and zip line through breathtaking scenery as the wind rushes through your hair – it’s the perfect way to explore Mahe Island.
- Go green – Experience an incredible escape this holiday and stay in an ecologically friendly villa, surrounded by natural habitats, untouched beaches, wildlife and local communities. Discover how we work to keep Constance Hotels & Resorts sustainable.
- Turtle watching – Help the conversation of the endangered Hawksbill and Green turtles as they lay nest and hatch on the beach. The baby turtles will then make their way into the Indian Ocean for the first time – a truly unmissable experience
- Take up golf – Go crazy for golf this year! It’s a great way to get fit and to socialise – plus it’s even better in the sun! Discover 18-hole award winning courses with spectacular views!
Healthy body and mind
A relaxing holiday is a perfect time to allow your body to naturally rebalance, heal and recharge.
Dr Chase Webber, our Corporate Wellness and Spa Manager at Constance Hotels & Resorts shares his top tips for a healthy body and mind.
- Tip 1 – Clean out sugar and refined carbohydrates from your diet – these provide energy in the short term, but will leave you feeling even lower afterwards. Try satisfying your appetite by choosing protein healthy fat foods such as nuts, seeds, fish and vegetables.
- Tip 2 – Drink clean water to keep your body hydrated – Water is essential for almost every chemical reaction in our body. Make sure to have at least one full glass of water before you drink any other beverage.
- Tip 3 – Practice ‘Deep Diaphragm Breathing’ – We often breathe shallow into our chest, leading to low energy and stress. Instead, try placing one hand on your chest and the other on your abdomen. Breathe in through your nose deep down into the lungs and then breathe out slowly through the nose. Practicing this each day will help you de-stress and re-energise!
What are your January motivations? Any goals for 2020?
Let us know in the comments!
Feel free to reach out via our social channels and share your photos with the hashtag #MyConstanceMoment
If you’ve had a truly authentic experience in our hotels, share your pictures with the hashtag #TrueIndianOcean