Susan Sontag once said, ‘I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.’
Creating a list of wonderful places you dream about one day visiting is the first step in an adventure which can last a lifetime.
But for those who don’t already have a travel bucket list it can be an intimidating thing to start.
Luxury Travel Mom blogger Kim-Marie Evans urges her readers who don’t yet have a bucket list to ‘start writing, you might be surprised at what you find on the page’.
Think of photographs you’ve seen which have made you sigh longingly, stories friends have told about places that have made you green with envy. These are all places that should be on your bucket list.
The experience of a lifetime
The thing to bear in mind about your list is that it doesn’t need to be just a catalogue of destinations. A bucket list can also be a collection of experiences you would like to have in your lifetime.
The sky is literally the limit when dreaming up bucket list activities. Have you always wanted to zip-line through a tropical jungle, learn to scuba dive or play golf on a Championship golf course in Mauritius? Jotting it down on the list can be the first step towards making it happen.
Many 5* hotels, such as Constance Hotels & Resorts across the Indian Ocean, now offer a range of bucket-list-worthy activities from cookery lessons with a world-class chef to diving with sharks or spending a day on your very own desert island with dinner delivered by boat.
Bucket list destinations
It can be difficult sometimes to pin down exactly where we want to go, we know that photographs of white sand beaches shaded by palm trees in magazines make us drool but where are they exactly?
Here’s our guide to possible bucket list destinations:
- Maldives – If you dream of walking barefoot on the beach of a white coral sand island secluded in a vast blue ocean, or sleeping in your own villa which stands on stilts over a clear blue lagoon, the chances are the Maldives should be on your bucket list.
- Madagascar – If your spirit craves adventure, you want to explore dramatic landscapes, see new things, immerse yourself in a vibrant friendly community then Madagascar needs to go on the list.
- Seychelles – The Seychelles features on many bucket lists not just for the picture postcard white-sand beaches and enticing climate but the warm welcome visitors receive and the natural beauty of its various islands.
- Mauritius – With its stunning coastline and activities aplenty both on the ocean and amidst the dramatic, mountainous interior Mauritius earns its place on many a bucket list.
Wherever you choose, whichever destinations get your pulse racing and your heart fluttering, start the list today. You might be surprised by the places your imagination will dare to take you.
- To find out more about Constance Hotels & Resorts across the Indian Ocean, or to make a booking, visit our website
- Try something new: daring to live a life without walls.