Constance Hotels & Resorts is a culinary destination in its own right, with a reputation for providing exceptional recipes and dining experiences that showcase the best of local and international cuisine. From Michelin-starred restaurants to casual beachfront cafes, Constance Hotels & Resorts has something to offer for every palate.
The cuisine at Constance Hotels & Resorts is inspired by flavours from around the world, with a focus on showcasing the best of each region’s culinary traditions. From the spicy curry recipes of India to the delicate flavours of Japanese sushi, guests can experience a world of tastes without ever leaving the resort.
Read on to discover recipes, so you can enjoy these classic dishes at home, which will bring you back to your time in paradise through extraordinary flavour.
Maki Sushi Recipe
Constance Hotels & Resorts is renowned for providing exceptional culinary experiences to its guests, and one of the standout dishes is delicious Maki.
The Maki served at Constance Hotels & Resorts is particularly noteworthy of all the recipes, due to its freshness, quality ingredients, and unique flavour combinations. Guests who have had the pleasure of tasting it at Constance Belle Mare Plage often rave about its deliciousness and want to recreate it at home.
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Nori sheets
- Sashimi-grade fish (such as tuna or salmon), sliced into thin strips
- Avocado, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- Soy sauce, for dipping
- Wasabi, for serving
Making the Sushi Rice
- Rinse the rice. An essential first step! Place the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and give it a good long rinse with cold water.
- Secondly, begin to cook the rice. Cook the rice in water until it is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the vinegar, sugar and salt and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once cooked, transfer the rice immediately to a large mixing bowl and drizzle it evenly with the sushi vinegar. Then use the spatula to very gently fold the rice — slicing it at a 45-degree angle.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a damp towel so that it is touching the surface of the rice, which will help prevent the rice from drying out. Let the rice cool on the counter until it nearly reaches room temperature.
- Serve. Use the rice immediately in a recipe, or transfer it to an airtight food storage
Constructing the Maki
- Make your sushi rice ideally at least an hour or two in advance so that it has time to cool to room temperature before assembling your rolls. Then go ahead and prep all of your other ingredients so that you can have a nice assembly line ready to go for your rolls.
- Now it is time to begin your assembly! The first step will be to press the rice onto your sheet of nori in an even layer, leaving a 1-inch empty border of nori at the top.
- Next, layer on your fillings horizontally on the rice, side by side, as evenly as possible.
- Roll up the sushi. Lift up the bottom edge of the sushi mat and carefully fold it over the fillings until they are enclosed in a roll, yet still leaving the top 1-inch of the empty nori exposed.
- Use the sushi mat to squeeze the roll in as tightly as possible. Dip your fingers in the water bowl once more and use them to wet the remaining 1-inch of nori. Then use the sushi mat to finish rolling up the roll until it is completely enclosed, giving it a final squeeze or two once it has been rolled up to be sure that everything is packed in there tightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the sushi. Using a very sharp knife, cut each sushi roll into 8 equal(ish)-sized pieces on a cutting board. Transfer them to your serving plate.
- Drizzle and garnish. Sprinkle the sushi with extra toasted sesame seeds and/or garnish with smoked fish
- Serve immediately, along with pickled ginger, wasabi paste, and soy sauce for dipping. And enjoy!
Hot and Spicy Grilled Kadai King Prawn Recipe
The Hot and Spicy Grilled Kadai King Prawn recipe is a flavourful and aromatic dish that is perfect for seafood lovers. The recipe calls for large king prawns that are marinated in a mixture of hot and spicy seasonings, including red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and garam masala
Take inspiration from the chefs at Constance Prince Maurice with this spicy recipe, packed full of flavour which will bring you back to glorious nights spent beside the Indian Ocean.
- 4 pcs King Prawns
- 10g ginger & garlic paste
- 30g cheddar cheese paste
- 40g Cashew nuts paste
- 100g yogurt
- 4g fenu greek dry leaves
- 2g kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2g green chilli powder
- 4g Cumin powder
- 2g garam massala
- 4g king Masala powder
- 20ml mustard oil
- 2g Himalayan Black Salt
- 3g salt
- 2g Chaat massala
- 30ml lemon juice
- 3 coloured peppers
- 50g onions
- 250g tomato
- 100g onions
- 20g chopped ginger
- 30g Cashew nuts
- 4g cumin seeds
- First, marinade king prawns with the marinating ingredients and keep for 20 minutes in thefreeze.
- Next, grill on a tawa/ tandoor or pan fry
- Make a sauce with the chopped onions, cumin seeds, cashew nuts, chopped ginger, andchopped tomatoes.
- Season and let simmer until water from the vegetables are completelydry.
- Keep aside too cool down. later fine blend, strain, adjust seasoning and consistency by adding some cream.
- Dice the 3 coloured peppers and onions, then saute and put aside
- on plate put the sautéed garnishes lengthway swith a spoon put some hot sauce here and there and placed the 4 pieces of grilled prawns, sprinkles some chaat massala and freshly chopped herbs.
Coconut Cake and Ice Cream Recipe
From rich chocolate cakes to delicate pastries, Constance Tsarabanjina’s pastry chefs create desserts that are as beautiful as they are delicious.
This moist and flavourful cake is made with fresh coconut and has a rich, creamy frosting that perfectly balances the sweetness of the cake.
- 25g grated coconut
- 250g of butter
- 4 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 can of concentrated milk
- 1 stem of vanilla
- Firstly, make the butter in ointment and whisk with the sugar.
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Pour the egg yolks one by one, the grated coconut, the flour and the concentrated milk into the butter and sugar mixture, and then mix well.
- Line the round or sponge cake mould (12 cm in diameter) with aluminum foil and butter the bottom and sides.
- Next, pour in the dough and bake. Cook for one hour at a temperature of 150.
- Check with the tip of a knife, the blade should remain clean. Take out the cake and let cool completely before unmolding.
- Serve the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cinnamon.
Will you be creating any of these recipes? Tag us and use the hashtag #ConstanceCreates #ConstanceWithU
Discover more about picture-perfect restaurants at Constance Hotels & Resorts here.
Feel free to reach out via our social channels and share your photos with the hashtag #MyConstanceMoment
Click here to view our unmissable exclusive offers.