Constance Halaveli boasts a wine list to rival many European Michelin-starred restaurants and head sommelier Florian David is rightly proud of the extensive wine cellar that features some of the world’s best wines.
With more than a thousand fine wines mainly from Europe, South Africa and New Zealand, Florian considers that Halaveli has the best selection of wines in the Maldives.
One of the things which makes Halaveli’s selection so unique is that many of the wines are sourced from the winemakers directly by our sommeliers.
Our teams visit vineyards across the new and old world to search out the very best wines from traditional as well as innovative new winemakers.
Florian’s top wine recommendations
Of all the fine wines in our cellar, here are Florian’s top recommendations.
Florian says, ‘We at Halaveli have the best winemakers from France.’
- De Montille – the lively legend of Volnay and Pommard
- Raveneau – the king of Chablis
- Lucien Lemoine – one of the most talented Burgundian winemaker of the past 10 years
- La Grange des Peres – the most elegant of all the Languedoc wines
- Domaine de Trevallon – the ultimate proof that there is great wine in Provence
‘We also have the very best vintage of the grand Bordeaux wines.’
- Pauillac, Château Lynch Bages, 5th Cru Classé 1990 – the best vintage of the past 30 years
- Pauillac, Château Pichon Baron Longueville, 2nd Cru Classé 1989 – less famous than 1990 but beautifully well-balanced
- Margaux, Château Margaux, 1st Cru Classé 1990 – simply a legend
- Bordeaux, Château La Mission Haut-Brion 1945 – the most feminine vintage ever and also the most difficult to find (although not, of course, at Halaveli)
- Sauternes ‘Creme de Tête’, Château Gilette 1961 – an amazing vintage from an amazing producer
‘To finish, we also have the finest and most exclusive Champagne.’
- Dom Perignon 2003 and 2004 – the shining star of Champagne
- Cristal 2005 – the Champagne Tsar
- Cristal Rose 2005 – probably the most exclusive Rose Champagne
- Salon 1997 – The Grand Cru of Champagne
- Billecart Salmon, ‘Clos St Hilaire’, Blanc de Noirs 1998 – a Champagne with a sensitive soul of Pinot Noir
Find out more
- Visit our website to find out more about Constance Halaveli or to make a booking
- For more advice for wine enthusiasts read Florian’s guide to the best wines to drink in the sunshine
- Read more about the ultimate luxury at Constance Halaveli.