Bernhard Langer blasted his way into the record books with his victory at the Senior Open Championship in Wales.
Despite windy conditions the German managed to win the Championship and set a new record for the biggest winning margin in Senior Open Championship history.
Langer finished the event with a staggering 18-under par which is all the more impressive considering his closest rival in second position Colin Montgomerie finished with only 5-under par.
Montgomerie sportingly described his competitor’s game as ‘one of the great golfing performances’.
The dramatic action at Royal Porthcawl Golf Club only serves to heat up the competition in the Senior Tour as they head to the European Senior Tour finale at the MCB Tour Championship at Constance Belle Mare Plage in December.
Despite Langer’s record-breaking win Colin Montgomerie still holds his position at the top of the European Senior Tour order of merit with Langer having to settle for second place.
- To find out more about Constance Belle Mare Plage or to make a booking visit our website
- Read the full story of Langer’s victory and keep up to date with all the news on the European Senior Tour’s website
- Discover how to combine the perfect luxury beach and golf holiday
- Find out more about Constance’s ultimate luxury golf holidays in Mauritius and Seychelles
- Learn to play golf or improve your game on a luxury holiday.