Bruno Le Gac, our Corporate Executive Chef, reveals the first ever ‘fisherman’s table’ at Constance Moofushi Resort.
The resort’s manager, Mr Sona, famous for his incomparable sense of welcoming, is also a passionate fisherman.
He sometimes escapes for an hour from his busy schedule to jump on a dhoni (traditional Maldivian boat) and drop a fishing line in the crystal clear surrounding waters.
Sometimes fishing is somehow ‘miraculous’ and after one of these lucky days, wevdecided to organise a special dinner for guests and enjoy a simple yet super fresh fish fair on the beach.
On the menu:
- Sliced fillet of red snapper served raw with passionfruit marinade.
- Grilled grey emperor with olive oil and fresh herbs
- Chinese style steamed grouper with light soy sauce
- Baked jobfish in light Indian rub
The fish is served whole and carved at the table, accompanied with virgin sauce, lemon and crushed chilli, and rice and grilled vegetable skewers.
- Chef Murulie’s signature coconut ice cream.
That’s it! Simplicity and freshness, barefoot under the stars. Paradise…