At Constance Lemuria we have several huge wild mango trees, heavily laden with ripe sun-drenched fruit.
This simple and delicious recipe was dreamt up by the pastry chef as he looked up at the trees.
- 1kg mangoes
The mango coulis:
- 200g mango puree (made with the ripest)
- 25ml Malibu
1. Peel the mangoes and cut them into large cubes. If you like you can mix them with seasonal fruits.
2. Pour the mango puree into a bowl and add the Malibu. Dilute it if necessary with fresh coconut water until you get the desired consistency.
3. Pass it through a sieve (mango coulis should be smooth) and store it to cool.
The ginger ice cream:
- 125ml liquid cream
- 250ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 75g honey
- 50g ginger
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
2. Sieve everything through a cheesecloth strainer and pour the contents into the ice cream maker.
3. Blend it until it reaches the desired consistency.
4. Make some little biscuits or cat’s tails as an accompaniment
Finishing and presentation
Place the mango cubes on the bottom of a plate, bowl or cup. Pour the mango coulis over them.
Finish it off with a dollop of ginger ice cream and some cat’s tails biscuits.