Our chefs at Constance Le Prince Maurice are always striving to create new delicious and interesting flavour combinations for our guests.
By blending his passion for artisan baking techniques with his love of classic Mauritian flavours, Chef Isreeparsund Roshan has developed this unique buttery, sweet and sour dough.
Bread rolls with mango pickles
Ingredients (makes 20 rolls):
- 10g fresh yeast
- 25ml warm water
- 500g pasta flour T65
- 10g fine salt
- 35g caster sugar
- 15g trimoline
- 50g milk powder
- 200ml iced water
- 400g mango pickles
- 265g butter extra dry (for layering)
1. Mix the fresh yeast with 25 ml of warm water, add the flour, salt, sugar, trimoline, powdered milk and iced water in a mixer until the dough is smooth. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
2. Crush the mango pickles.
3. Spread the dough and add extra dry butter in the center, fold and give 3 single turns like puff pastry, allow 30mns rest between each turn.
4. After completing, allow to rest in a cold place for 1 hour approximately.
5. Spread the dough and lay down the crushed mango pickles. Roll like raisin bread.
6. Place the roll in the fridge for half an hour, then cut 2cm thick.
7. Put in room temperature and let rise up for 30 minutes.
8. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees (celsius) vent and cook for 20 minutes.
Find out more
- Watch our chef demonstrate how to make mango pickle focaccia bread
- Food for thought at Constance Le Prince Maurice.