Reading Time: 2 minutes
This Coconut cake recipe fits in nicely with the famous English “tea time”. A vital tradition, even in our part of the world. And there can be no “tea time” without cakes.
At Constance Halaveli, the coconut has a special flavour, far from the ersatz offerings sometimes encountered in Europe.
This simple little recipe will prove a delicious way of accompanying your lazy afternoon…
The coconut cake:
- 150g butter
- 150g sugar
- 150g flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 3g baking powder
- 50g grated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 175╦ÜC. With a little melted butter, grease a Kouglof pan.
2. In a stainless steel bowl, or with an electric whisk, mix the butter and sugar until it forms a creamy paste.
3. Add the eggs one by one.
4. Pour the sifted flour, grated coconut, yeast powder and vanilla sugar over the mixture. Stir it into a smooth dough.
5. Put it into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
The coconut cream:
- 125g brown sugar
- 100ml liquid cream
- 100g dried coconut
- 140g butter
1. Make a light caramel with the sugar and then add the cream.
2. Bring it to the boil and then add the coconut and butter. Let it cook for a few minutes, before storing it at room temperature.
Finishing and presentation
Once the cake has cooled down, take it out of its mould and serve it with coconut cream.