If you’re in the mood for something sweet, try making this delicious coconut cake from Constance Lodge Tsarabanjina, Madagascar. Simple to make, it’s perfect served with vanilla ice cream.
- 250g grated coconut
- 250g butter
- 4 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 60g self raising flour
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 sprig of vanilla
1. Cream together the butter with the sugar.
2. Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Add the egg yolks one by one to the butter mix. Then add the grated coconut, flour and condensed milk, mix well.
3. Line a round cake or sponge in, t12 cm in diameter, with aluminum foil and butter the bottom and sides.
4. Pour in the cake mix and bake. Cook for one hour at 150┬░C. Check the cake is cooked with the tip of a knife, the blade must be kept clean.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely before taking it out of the tin.
6. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cinnamon.
Find out more about Spotlight: Constance Lodge Tsarabanjina.