Some of the biggest names in the world of gastronomy will be travelling to Mauritius in March to take part in the annual Festival Culinaire Bernard Loiseau (FCBL) hosted at Constance Belle Mare Plage.
Now in its 11th year, this year’s festival from 12-20th March will again combine the exceptional talents of the visiting Michelin star chefs and a world-class jury with our very own ‘island’ chefs who have been chosen to take part in this year’s event.
The week culminates in a high-level competition, where the island chefs are challenged to prepare a meal using local ingredients having been coached by the Michelin star chefs in new techniques and skills in the preceding days.
This year, we look forward to welcoming back to the jury Dominique Loiseau, accompanied by two star chef Patrick Bertron. They will be joined by the world’s best sommelier in 2013, Swiss Paolo Basso; Bocuse d’Or 2015 winner, Norwegian Orjan Johannessen; Walter Kei, the famous food writer and influencer from Hong Kong; and British Michael Caines, the two-starred Chef who participated in the 10th edition of the Festival Culinaire Bernard last year.
The participating Michelin star Chefs are:
• Marc de Passorio from L’Esprit de la Violette, Aix-en-Provence, France
• Oliver Roeder from Bembergs Häuschen, Flamersheim, Germany
• Yusuke Goto from Amour French restaurant, Tokyo, Japan
• Tommi Tuominen from Restaurant Demo, Helsinki, Finland
• Michel Husser from Le Cerf restaurant, Marlenheim, Luxembourg
• Berwyn Davies from The Glasshouse, Kew, UK
The island Chefs are:
• Vikram Soobrun from Constance Belle Mare Plage
• Hildy Sinon from Constance Lémuria Seychelles
• Benjamin Painset from Constance Ephélia Seychelles
• Don Bedila Villa Real from Constance Moofushi Maldives
• Kritesh Halkory from Constance Le Prince Maurice
• Aslam Zia from Constance Halaveli Maldives
And for our guests…
If you’re visiting during the week of the festival, there are many opportunities to enjoy the culinary delights being prepared. Guests have a unique opportunity to enjoy a special dinner by Bocuse d’Or 2015, Orjan Johannessen, experience the various tastes of chocolate with the famous French Pastry Chef, Frédéric Bau, and even attend a culinary class with two-Michelin-starred Chef, Patrick Bertron.
Find out more about staying at Constance Belle Mare Plage or Constance Le Prince Maurice in Mauritius. More highlights from the festival to follow.
- Upcoming exquisite culinary events at Constance
- 10 years of sharing at the Festival Culinaire Bernard Loiseau
- Chalet D’Adrien culinary festival: Le Prince Maurice adds spice