Who doesn’t love pizza?!
So easy and fun to make. Little one loves it too!
Here’s one of our favourite pizza dough recipe from Constance Ephelia. It’s the perfect base for a delicious pizza and a relaxed supper.
Preparation time & Hint: The dough should be made the day before you want to use it.
Ingredients (For the dough)
- 1 kg strong plain flour (a mix of 500g of type 55 + 500g type 45 flour)
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Levain (a mix of 50g plain flour and 50g water)
- 20g salt
- 10g fresh or dry yeast
- 500g water (at 14˚C)
1. Firstly, prepare the Levain.
2. Then pour all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl of your mixer, and knead at speed 2 with the hook for a few minutes until all ingredients are perfectly mixed. Alternately add Levain and olive oil, then the water.
Keep kneading for a few minutes until the dough is thoroughly mixed.
Important: the temperature of the flour should be 25˚C and the ideal temperature of the room 25˚C as well.
3. Stop the machine, remove the dough from the bowl and finish kneading by hand for a further 5 or 10 minutes, on a wooden board sprinkled with flour.
4. Cut small portions of dough, 150g each, then roll them by hand to give them a nice round shape. The surface should be smooth.
5. Sprinkle more flour on top and under the balls of dough.
6. Cover with a humid towel and leave in the fridge until the next day.
7. When you are ready to bake the pizzas, take each ball of dough and shape it with your hands. The edges should be thicker than the centre. The thickness of the dough depends on your own taste.
8. Garnish the dough with tomato, mozzarella and other toppings of your choice.
9. Bake in a very hot preheated oven for approx 7 minutes, at 250˚C.
10. Once the pizza is cooked, brush the edges with extra virgin olive oil.