Mixologists from Constance Hotels and Resorts set to work to impress the judges in the Chamarel Bar cocktail competiton at this year’s Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau.
The jury, composed of two members of Jack Daniels, commented on how gifted and surprising the three competitors were, and stated that: ‘the overall level here in Constance Hotels and Resorts is higher than in the rest of Mauritius, the only thing they lack being self-confidence’. Another great night spent with Chamarel Rhums, for both the competitors and our guests.
Here are the cocktail recipes – let us know if you try them at home.
1st candidate : Jimmy and his Letchi Frizzes cocktail
- Chamarel Premium white Rhum 4cl
- Blackberry liquor 2cl
- Mashed letchis 6cl
- 3 pieces of ginger
- 1 quarter of grapefruit
- Sugar cane syrup 1 cl
- Champagne for the finish
2nd candidate : Ashvin and his Chamarel Toasted Treacle cocktail
- Chamarel Rhum V.S.O.P 6cl
- A spoonful of brown sugar
- Dash Angostura bitter 1cl
- Fresh apple juice 2cl
- Cointreau 2cl (flambée)
- 2 orange peels
3rd candidate : Alexandre and his Candy Martini cocktail
- 4 y .o Chamarel Farming Rhum V.S.O.P 4cl
- Orange liquor 2cl
- Orange juice 3cl
- Homemade cinnamon syrup
- Fresh lemon juice 5cl
- Crushed ice
- 1 orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cherry, 1 lemon slice and squash leaf for the finish
Find out more
- Want to know more about Chamarel Rhums? Visit the website at www.rhumeriedechamarel.com
- Find out more about Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau
- Visit our website for more information about our 7 luxury hotels and resorts in the Indian Ocean.