Paul Wesselingh won the WINSTONgolf Senior Open in Germany following a dramatic three-way play-off with Phil Golding and Bernhard Langer.
The win at the WINSTONopen Course in Vorbeck, Germany was last year’s Order of Merit winner, Wesselingh’s first title of the season.
Wesslingh, Golding, and local favourite, Langer all ended their final round 15 under overall and so were faced with a tense play-off for the title.
All three golfers birdied the first hole of the play-off before Golding was struck out by a shot on the second hole which ended in the water and Langer finished the third hole on par leaving Wesslingh’s birdie to secure the title.
Colin Montgomerie continues to lead this year’s Order of Merit which will be awarded at the end of the MCB Tour Championship at Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius in December.
- Book your place to watch the MCB Tour Championship as it happens at either Constance Belle Mare Plage or Constance Le Prince Maurice
- To read all the action from the WINSTONgolf Senior Open and all the latest news from the European Senior Tour visit the tour website
- Vote for Constance Hotels & Resorts in this year’s World Golf Awards
- Read more about golf at Constance: where luxury and golf combine
- Discover the top 5 reasons to play golf in Mauritius.