As excitement continues to build for this year’s Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau we introduce the chefs and journalists who will bring the event to life over the next few days.
Reporting on the event and bringing us all the up-to-the-minute drama from the various teams will be festival co-founder, Constance’s Bruno Le Gac, and international luxury lifestyle journalist Peter Bojesen from Luxury Aficionados.
Bruno says: ‘It started with an idea to honour the legacy of the great chef Bernard Loiseau, and propose something that he would be proud of,’ Bruno explained.
‘When we first had the idea, we didn’t know what or how we would do it… but we knew that we wanted to create something true, sincere, with spirit, not just a business event, but a festival with a soul.’
Now in its 9th year the festival has gone from strength to strength, each year bringing together some of the world’s top chefs to share expertise, passion and guidance with the best of Constance’s own chefs.
Michelin-star chefs taking part:
- Mirto Marchesi – Relais & Chèóteaux le Chalet d’Adrien, La Table d’Adrien, Verbier, Switzerland
- Jacob HolmstrèÂm, Gastrologik Restaurant, Stockholm, Sweden
- Raised in a family of restaurant owners, HolmstrèÂm opened Gastrologik in 2011 and obtained his first Michelin star in 2013.
- Nicolas Massé, Les Sources de Caudalie, La Grand Vigne, Bordeaux-Martillac, France
- Tim Allen, Launceston Place, London, England
- Jens Rittmeyer, Budersand Hotel – Golf & Spa, Sylt, Restaurant Kai 3, HèÂrnum, Germany
- Masashi Ijichi, La Cachette, Valence, France.
These prestigious European chefs will be teamed with the very best of our island chefs to create six separate teams who will compete in a week-long culinary challenge.
Other highlights include:
- The 6 stars dinner
- The Culinary Festival cocktail competition
- A wine competition
- An art of the table competition.
Book a last minute break to Mauritius
There is plenty for guests to enjoy throughout the Festival with special festival dinners being hosted at both Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice – see our Passion for Gastronomy Offer.
- For more information, to check availability or to make a booking, visit our website
- Find out more about the Culinary Festival Bernard Louiseau.