Excitement is building around the 2013 Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau at Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius. For guests this is a rare opportunity to sample food prepared by some of the world’s leading chefs all together in one stunning location.
Top chefs, including three Michelin star-holder Patrick Berton and two Michelin-starred Eyvind Hellstrom, are lined up to judge the nail-biting culinary competition which runs from 18-26 March 2013.
A selection of six of Europe’s finest chefs will visit Mauritius to cook alongside six of our island chefs with the challenge of creating an award-winning menu from local produce.
Michelin star chefs at this year’s festival:
- Anita Klemensen – Den Rè©de Cottage, Klampenborg, Denmark
- Roman Paulus – Alcron Restauran, Prague, Czech Republic
- William Drabble – Seven Park Place, London, UK
- Ezio Gritti – L’Osteria Via Solata, Bergamo, Italy
- Robert Speth – Chesery, Gstaad, Switzerland
- Thierry Fernandes – Le Prieuré, Ambierle, France
- Dominique Loiseau – President of the Jury
- Patrick Bertron – Chef of the Relais Bernard Loiseau
- Eyvind Hellstrom – chef and formerly the part owner of Bagatelle restaurant, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in the city of Oslo
- Nick Nairn – Restaurateur to celebrity chef, pioneer in theUK food industry
- Pavel Maurer -CzechRepublic’s best known and most influential gourmet
- Patricia Broehm – Editor in chief of Gault & Millau Magazine,Germany
Highlights for guests include:
Guests at both Belle Mare Plage and Le Prince Maurice can get involved throughout the week with cooking demonstrations, special menus created by the visiting chefs and the thrilling prize-giving ceremony.
- Special dinner at Le Prince Maurice on 18 March orchestrated by Chef Hellstrom
- Special dinner at Belle Mare Plage on 20 March created by Chef Bertron
- Morning cooking demonstration by Chef Bertron at Belle Mare Plage’s Citronnelle restaurant on 22 March
- Gala dinner by the Constance chefs at the Deer Hunter restaurant, Belle Mare Plage on 23 March
The week will climax with a cook-off on the final day in which the island chefs will need to put into practice all they have learned from their Michelin-starred mentors to create the winning menu.
Bertron, a former protégé of chef Bernard Loiseau after whom the festival is named, has described the competition as being, ‘In the spirit of Loiseau’s legacy, it’s about sharing, it’s about training and it’s about transmission.’
Foodie holidays in Mauritius
Indulge your passion for food and join us for the festival in Mauritius this year. Check availability and book now for Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice.
Find out more
- Discover more about the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau
- Find out more about Nordic cuisine and guest Chef Anita Klemensen
- Read about guest Chef Roman Paulus including some of his star recipes
- Read about 2012 culinary festival at Belle Mare Plage