We always like to support local producers especially when they bring something new and exciting to the market like Divine’s innovative and delicious lychee wine.
Best served chilled, Divine Tropical Lychee Wine is a refreshing drink on hot summer days as well as making a perfect accompaniment for Asian cuisine, light fish starters and fresh fruit salads.
The wine uses the pulp from fruit which has been picked, peeled and deseeded and is then left to ferment for up to three weeks.
The wine was the brain child of oenologist Patick Oxenham whose company now makes the wine.
Patick was inspired by the long-standing tradition in Mauritius of making wine from the fruit of the island and when he came across an old recipe of his grandfather’s for lychee wine he decided to give it a go.
The result has been hugely popular in Mauritius with Patick now looking to extend his production with the potential to export in the future.
- Find out more about Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage on our website
- Read what happened when Constance sommelier Jerome Faure introduced wine reviewer and teacher at Ecole du Vin, Wendy Narby, to Divine Tropical Lychee Wine
- Discover the secret to a luxury long-haul family holiday to Mauritius
- Find out about cookery holidays in Mauritius
- Explore the top three markets in Mauritius.