Capturing the exact moment the sun kisses the sea, taking photos at night without the glare of a flash or catching a child playing in the waves – it’s sometimes tricky to catch the perfect picture.
So we’ve rounded up some of the best travel photography blogs offering tips on techniques and equipment to use when taking photos abroad.
1. Aviators and a Camera is run by photographer and travel writer Kirsten Alana who extols the virtues of using an iPhone to capture spontaneous images on the road. She now runs her own workshops and tutorials on travel.
2. Nomadic Samuel describes himself as a perpetual backpacker but his passion for photography lifts his blog above the crowd. Along with a photo and video blog Samuel also posts advice to aspiring photographers, guest photographers and a guide to the best travel photographers on the web.
3. Unique Travel Photo was created by husband and wife team Kim and David Walker. With destination guides and photo essays their site is a treat for the eyes. Also useful are their equipment reviews and how to techniques guide.
4. Momentary Awe is the blog of professional photographer and photography teacher Catalin Marin. His stunning photographs and video tutorials make this well worth a visit. Check out his stunning pictures of Madagascar.
5. The Polar Route creator Ed Graham sets out to post one of his beautiful travel photos a day, describing the site as ‘a daily exploration of our world’. His range of photography guides are invaluable covering everything from Photoshop hints to photos with moving subjects. A useful tool.