If your holiday is looming and you still haven’t hit the shops for this season’s must haves, fear not. These tips from the experts will have you looking like a beach-fit babe in no time.
1. Red Editor, Sam Baker offers up her top fashion sites as she searches for the perfect holiday wardrobe in the middle of sale season.
- Net-a-porter – vacation boutique – the fashion pack’s favourite online boutique
- Style passport.com – the all year round one stop holiday shop
- Whistles – one of Kate Middleton’s high street staples, the Whistles’ sale is a great bargain hunting ground.
- Marks & Spencer – stocks some holiday items all year round
Read Sam Baker’s Hunt for the Holiday Wardrobe at Red Online.
2. Vogue - if it’s beachwear you’re after, check out Vogue’s guide to swimwear trends in 2011. Big news this summer are 60s and 70s inspired bikinis and maillots (swimsuits) in daring nude. Think Brigitte Bardot and Elizabeth Taylor.
- Swap your kaftan for a maxi dress.
- Don a scarf or over-sized beach hat.
- Tuck your toes into a pair of metallic sandals.
Get the scoop on what to wear on the beach with Vogue.com’s ‘Surf’s up’
3. Anya Hindmarch’s designer bags are a huge hit with the jet set. Style Passport gives the lowdown on Anya’s top 5 must-haves when packing to go away. There’s a Valorie clutch bag in her suitcase. Find out what else with Wear in the World Anya Hindmarch.
4. The Resort Collection is big news these days for fashion designers. Collections hit the shops in November – just in time for the great Indian Ocean get-away.
Key trends for the coming year include:
- lace in rainbow colours
- tribal design
Stay ahead with Style.com’s spotlight on the key resort trends emerging for 2012.
5. The Sartorialist – for general fashion inspiration , look no further than The Sartorialist. Since launching the blog in 2005, Scott Schuman’s street style shots have catapulted him to fame. Time magazine has named him one of the biggest design influencers today.
See for yourself, a world of style according to The Sartorialist.