We recently ran a competition asking what item you always take with you when travelling with children.
You sent in some great ideas. We’ve selected some of the best, both serious and funny.
All are guaranteed to help any parent when travelling with children. And some might also act a reminder to pack our sense of humour when travelling with little ones!
The winning entry came from Roleen McNeilage:
- Balloons and pens to draw faces on them to keep them amused.
- Favourite cuddly toy and blanket, with an address around the toy’s neck in case it gets lost!
- Calpol – you never know when you might need it
- Their favourite toys
- A lot of patience
- Duck Tape – works everytime
- A portable DVD player
- A Harry Potter CD
- Baby wipes
- Their own pillow
- Sun cream
- Crayons and drawing pad, or mini whiteboard and pen
- Lots of activities and nibbles or alternatively… the grandparents!
- Food - my son can’t go for more than 5 mins without eating something
- The ultimate kid toy (for boys) for a nice vacation in a Constance beach resort is a small Hot Wheels pick-up truck on large wheels. Perfect to play in the sand. Create a crazy race track in the sand with your son, use shells, stones to decorate the roads, build bridges, tunnels… and you’re all set to enjoy a good book for a few hours.
- Babysitter or nanny
- Nightlight – turns a scary new bedroom into a pleasurable experience!
- New books we know they’ll like
- Nintendo ds and electronic games
Travelling with children? Don’t miss these articles: