With the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau 2013 now underway, this year’s teams have been drawn.
European Michelin star chefs teaming with Constance chefs
- Luc Mobihan & Hem Pulami (Constance Halaveli)
- Roman Paulus & Beguitta Ally (Constance Ephelia)
- Ezio Gritti & Shanifa Larue (Constance Lemuria)
- Robert Speth & Sampath Mariyadasa (Constance Moofushi)
- Anita Klemensen & Elodie Oudeuil (Constance Belle Mare Plage)
- William Drabble & Sasha Dinoo (Constance Le Prince Maurice)
What’s happening during the festival
Lots will be drawn to pair the European chefs with their island counterpart.
- Teams will visit the local market at Port Louis to discover the local produce.
- In the evening a cocktail competition between the bartenders of Le Prince Maurice and Belle Mare Plage featuring liqueurs from Rum Clément.
- Norwegian judge and chef Eyvind Hellstrøm will design a special menu dinner at Le Prince Maurice.
Tuesday 19 March
The teams start work in the kitchen exchanging ideas and experimenting with ingredients.
- Culinary Festival opening cocktail party
Wednesday 20 March
Teams continue to plan their competition menu
- Art of tablewear & service contest. Three head waiters from Le Prince Maurice and Belle Mare Plage will present a table and do service before a judge.
- Chef and judge Patrick Bertron of the 3 star Relais Bernard Loiseau will create a special menu for guests.
Thursday 21 March
Having consulted, advised and trained the island cooks, the European chefs withdraw from the competition so their protégés can prepare the dishes the team has created.
Friday 22 March
- The European chefs create a ‘6 star’ dinner for guests at the Blue Penny Café.
- A wine competition in which 3 Constance sommeliers will have the chance to pair the perfect wine to the 6 star dinner created by the European chefs.
Saturday 23 March
The winner of the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau 2013 is announced at a Final Prize Giving Cocktail Party held in the gardens of Belle Mare Plage.
- A gala evening with a special menu prepared by the competition Constance chefs under the supervision of Chef Frederic Goisset of the Blue Penny Café. The dinner will be served with Deutz Champagne.
Sunday 24 March
The European chefs create a second ‘6 star’ dinner for guests
Find out more
And you can find out more on the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau 2013 website.