Warm yourself up with this delicious lentil soup from the kitchens of the luxury 5* Le Prince Maurice.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Soaking time for the lentils: 2 hours
- 250g cleaned scallops (without roes)
- 15g butter
For the soup:
- 200g black lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 50g boucane (smoked pork belly)
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 5cl crème fraîche
- salt and pepper
1. Soak the black lentils for 2 hours.
2. Peel and chop the onion and garlic separately. Grate the carrot. Finely dice the celery and carrot.
3. Cut the boucane in two pieces. Fry the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger and boucane in hot olive oil for 3 minutes. Add the drained black lentils, thyme, parsley and curry leaves. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper, and simmer for 1 hour on low heat.
4. Remove the boucane, blend and sieve the soup. Add the crème fraîche and correct seasoning.
5. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Grill them for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Using a hand blender, blend the soup with the butter. Serve hot with the scallops.