The sushi bar at Constance Ephelia Resort, Seychelles has been incredibly successful since it first opened.
Chef Federico Casupanan, a young and talented Filipino sushi chef trained by Japanese masters, didn’t want to do things the way you’d expect.
Along with Chef Denis Jean-Jacques, the brilliant chef of Cyann restaurant in the luxurious North Beachside of the resort, he created a Seychellois version of what he believes tropical sushi should be.
This selection has become a best-seller at Ephelia.
The sushi varies according to the fresh produce we receive, and the ideas of the chef.
Here are a few examples of what’s on the menu:
- White capitaine fish sushi with coconut milk and lemongrass, a dash of sweet curry sauce.
- Yellowfin tuna nigiri with a spicy mango relish.
- Poached prawn with vindaye spice mix.
- Chef Federico’s crazy rolls with Creole crab salad, local avocado and homemade tangy tomato ketchup.
- The beautiful Seychellois bourgeois fish, as a nigiri with rougail reduction and grated green papaya.
Fresh, tasty and very colourful.