Looking for a sweet treat to indulge in this weekend? Try our delicious Tiramisu recipe, served at beachside La Spiaggia, Constance Belle Mare Plage.
In Italy, tiramisu literally means ‘pick me up’… small wonder when you consider the delicious high energy combination of sugar, eggs, coffee and, in this recipe, ice cream.
Tiramisu ice cream
- 200g milk
- 10g milk powder
- 10g glucose powder
- 36g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 14g butter
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 150g mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 15cl cream
- 60g sugar
Dacquoise Au Café
- 72g egg white
- 30g sugar
- 24g icing sugar
- 27g almond powder
- 13g flour
- 7g crème fraîche
- 16g coffee extract
- 16g walnuts
- Coffee flavour ice cream, bought
1. First, prepare the tiramisu ice cream.
2. Mix the sugar with egg yolk then add in boiling milk , milk powder and glucose powder.
3. Add in the mascarpone and butter. Keep it for 24 hours in the fridge then whisk and put in freezer.
4. Prepare the dacquoise au café
5. Beat the egg white with sugar then add in the rest of the ingredients. Pour onto the tray then bake for 7 minutes at 180°C.
6. Prepare the mascarpone cream
7. Beat together the eggs with sugar then add in the mascarpone and the whipped cream, making sure the cream is not over beaten.
8. Assemble the cake – one scoop of tiramisu ice cream , one layer of dacquoise , one scoop coffee ice cream, crumble macaroons on top, one scoop of mascarpone cream, some cocoa powder on top.
Serve with dry biscotti and a piece chocolate on the side.