This suggested tandoori marinade is a combination of lots of ingredients: chicken, lamb, fish, crustaceans, etc…
The ideal is to use a traditional tandoori oven for cooking dishes marinated like this, but we still get a good result in a conventional oven, brought to a high temperature.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 5g cumin powder
- 20g garam massala
- 8g chili powder
- 5g ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons of whole yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1g orange food colourant
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
The cumin and coriander:
1. Heat the cumin and coriander seeds in a moderate oven until they are lightly browned and fragrant. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. Once cooled, crush the spices in a mortar with a pestle. You will get a fine powder. Store it.
The ginger and garlic paste:
1. This is a simple mixture of 50% fresh ginger and 50% garlic. Peel, crush and puree both of them.
Mix the spice powder and the garlic and ginger paste. Season it with salt and pepper. Store it. Use this mixture to marinate the ingredients of your choice.
Sommelier’s suggested wine
Bold dry white wine:
- Alsace Grand Cru Muenchberg, Pinot gris, “A360P”, Domaine Ostertag, 2007 France
- Bordeaux, Château Fombrauge, 2008 France