This week’s delicious recipe from the Constance kitchens is Lemon compote with star anise and vanilla. It’s the perfect partner for seafood or duck.
Let us know how you get on and send us your comments and pictures of your own lemon compote.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 1/2hours
- 1 kg lemons
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 star anise
- 500g sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Brush lemons under cold running water and cut 4 vertical slits into each of them.
2. Cook them for 4 minutes in boiling salted water, then put them into iced water. Do this three times to remove any bitter taste.
3. Cut the lemons in 4, remove seeds. Then cut the lemons into wedges, and then dice them.
4. Put the diced lemons in a saucepan, add 1 litre of water, the vanilla, star anise and sugar Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
5. Allow to cool and keep in the fridge until needed.