This week’s recipe from the Constance kitchens is a light, refreshing smoked duck and leek salad with vanilla citrus dressing. Perfect for warm summer days and al fresco dining.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Marinating time: 5 minutes
- 2 leeks
- 1 smoked duck breast
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 2 oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch of chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- curly endive and lettuce to serve
1. Clean the leeks, cut them into strips (like tagliatelle) and wash them well. Blanch them for 3-4 minutes in boiling salted water, then drain and refrigerate.
2. Finely slice the smoked duck breast.
3. Cut the vanilla pod in two, lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Set aside.
4. Peel the oranges and grapefruit, cutting into the flesh, then cut off the segments while keeping any juice that drops. You will need about 4 tbsps of juice for the dressing.
5. Mix honey, vanilla seeds, orange and grapefruit juice, and 3 tbsps olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
6. Cut chives into 2 cm lengths.
7. Put the leeks in a large dish, add dressing, chives, orange and grapefruit segments, salt and pepper. Let this salad marinate for 5 minutes.
8. Just before serving, wash and drain the curly endive and lettuce. Line each plate with a few salad leaves, top with some leek salad and a few slices of smoked duck breast. Pour a thin streak of olive oil over this and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
You can also purchase the Prince Maurice recipe book that contains this recipe and fifty more from our online store.