If you’re looking for a tasty dish to refresh your tastebuds after the festive season, try this delicious paella from the kitchens of our Constance Halaveli Resort.
- ½ litre fish stock
- ½ litre chicken stock
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 3 bay leaves
- Pinch saffron
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 12 fresh mussels in shell, cleaned
- 12 fresh clams in the shell, cleaned
- 3 fresh calamari tubes, cut into rings
- 12 large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup black olives, stones removed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 6 lemons
1. Heat the 2 stocks together and keep warm
2. Heat the olive oil in a paella pan (or large non-stick saucepan) on low heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes until opaque. Add the bay leaves, saffron and wine. Continue to stir until the wine is reduced by half. Add the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring occasionally. Allow the stock to reduce before adding more.
4. When the rice is ¾ cooked (about 8–10 minutes) add the mussels and clams. After 2 minutes add the other seafood and the chicken, and cook until the chicken and fish are cooked and tender.
5. Remove the heat and bay leaves. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Fold in the butter and olives.
6. To serve: sprinkle with the parsley and hard-boiled eggs cut into wedges. Squeeze a couple of lemons over the top and garnish with the remaining lemons cut in quarters.
Do you have a favourite dish from your Constance holiday?
Every Friday we publish one of our delicious recipes from the Constance kitchens. If you’ve got a favourite dish from your holiday with Constance, let us know and we’ll publish the recipe here. You can comment on the blog below or post a message on our Constance Facebook page.