This week at Constance Hotels we’re showing you a fish recipe – pan roasted sea bass with mild spice, salad of warm spinach, asparagus and berries with an almond-green chilli vinaigrette.
Delicious and easy to make, it takes just 15 minutes to prepare.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 sea bass fillets, 160g each
2 tbsp olive oil
4 star anise
4 small sticks cinnamon
4 cardamom pods
800g fresh spinach
60g mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants)
1/4 bunch chervil
4 sprigs fresh mint
salt and pepper
For the almond-green chilli vinaigrette
5 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 fresh green chilli
1 red bell pepper
40g blanched almonds
salt and pepper
1. Tear off the central rib of each spinach leaf.
2. Clean the asparagus, cook them in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, then cool them in iced water and drain them.
3. Make the vinaigrette: remove the seeds from the green chilli then cut it into thin julienne strips. Blanch them in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, cool in iced water, drain and repeat twice.
4. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper, finely dice the flesh.
5. Toast the almonds for 10 minutes in a 180C oven. Chop them with a knife.
6. Mix the almonds, diced bell pepper, green chilli julienne, olive oil and lemon juice. Correct seasoning.
7. In a hot pan, sauté the sea bass fillets in the olive oil with the star anise, cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods. Keep warm. Reserve the whole spices for decoration at the end.
8. Sauté the spinach in a hot pan with the olive oil for 1 minute. At the last moment, add the asparagus, berries, mint leaves and chervil. Correc seasoning and put them in the middle of each plate. Top with the fish, pour a little vinaigrette around. Decorate with the reserved whole spices.
You can also purchase the Prince Maurice recipe book that contains this recipe and fifty more from our online store.