The perfect accompaniment to a curry, this Naan Bread recipe from the kitchens of Constance Halaveli is quick and easy to make.
- 300g flour
- 5g baking powder
- 10g salt
- 200ml milk
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 50ml oil
- 1 egg
1. Sift the salt and baking powder into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
2. Mix the sugar, milk, eggs, and oil in a bowl.
3. Pour this into the centre of the flour and knead adding water if necessary to form a soft dough.
4. Add the remaining oil and knead again then cover with a damp cloth, leave for 2-3 hours.
5. About half an hour before the naan is required, turn on the oven to 200°C.
6. Divide the naan into 8 balls and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
7. Shape each ball of dough with the palms of your hands to make an oval shape.
8. Bake the naan bread until they are puffed up and golden brown.
Try this naan bread with our delicious Constance Chicken and Prawn Curry in coconut milk