Constance’s diary of exciting food and wine events is filling up with visitors from some of the world’s top kitchens as well as leading winemakers from across the continents.
Guests at Constance Moofushi last week were treated to a wine dinner at the resort’s Blue Lounge restaurant hosted by Australian winemaker Geoff Krieger of Brokenwood Wines.
With over 30 years experience in the wine industry in Australia, including 10 at Brokenwood where he is General Manager, Krieger was more than happy to share his experiences and expertise with guests at the luxurious Maldives resort.
Our chefs worked with Krieger to create a menu delicately balanced to perfectly pair the food with the best of Brokenwood’s wines.
Highlights of the wine menu and its pairings included:
- Terrine of foie gras, fig marmalade and apple salad paired with Brokenwood Oaky Creek Road Semillon (Semillon 2004)
- Seared scallops, papaya salsa, cucumber and mint shooter paired with Brokenwood Unwooded Chardonnay (Chardonnay 2007)
- Grilled Maldivian jobfish, cauliflower puree and chorizo paired with Brokenwood Pinot Noir Beechworth (Pinot Noir 2012)
- Brie and truffle tian, camembert samosa, pear and raisin chutney paired with Brokenwood Cricket Pitch (Sauvignon Blanc/Semillion 2011)
- Mango and passion fruit parfait, coconut sorbet and orange tuille paired with Brokenwood Semillon Sticky Wicket (Semillon 2008)
Find out more
At each of our hotels and resorts we are hosting some fabulous events in the coming events for food and wine lovers. Take a look at the selection here, and watch this space for more announcements.