Looking for inspiration for your next family holiday? Here are our 10 tips for planning a luxury getaway with the kids in tow.
1. Get everyone involved in picking the destination
Make children feel like it really is their holiday too by involving them in the planning. Give them a choice of destinations and then have a family vote.
2. Book family-friendly accommodation
It may sound obvious but make sure the place you want to stay genuinely welcomes chidren, and that the accommodation is spacious enough to fit you all in comfortably. A villa within a resort can be a luxurious home away from home giving everyone the space you need.
3. Check what the hotel provides before you go
Lighten your load considerably by checking what the hotel provides for children. At Constance you can ask our online concierge for everything from cots and high chairs to armbands and beach toys.
4. Get the kids inspired with fun local facts
Find out about your destination before you go. Fun facts like Mauritius was home to the Dodo, or that pirates’ treasure is still hidden in the Seychelles will help children engage with their new surroundings.
5. Give them their own travel pack
Keeping kids occupied on a long-haul flight can be a challenge so pack a special bag of engrossing goodies which you can give them as they board the plane.
6. Don’t just stick to the children’s menu
Try and encourage children to try some of the local cuisine. Pick something not too far out of their comfort zone so they’re more likely to give it a try.
7. Create a family challenge to try new things
Challenge everyone one in the family, mum and dad included, to try something new. Constance offers a range of activities from waterskiing, sports fishing and scuba diving to yoga and cookery classes.
8. Spend some time alone
It’s great to spend time together as a family but everyone benefits from time alone too. Take advantage of the complimentary Constance Kids’ Club and spend an hour or two reading that book that’s been lying around for months, enjoy a nap without interruptions or visit the spa for some rejuvenating treatments.
9. Make time for playtime
With so much on offer it can be tempting to fill your time with planned activities but make sure you leave plenty of time to just go with the flow of the day as it unfolds.
10. Enjoy time just as adults
It can be hard for parents to share time alone on a family getaway but remember this is your holiday too. Take advantage of our babysitting service to share a cocktail in the bar and a candlelit meal for two.
- For more information on Constance Hotels & Resorts or to make a booking visit our website
- Find out more about luxury family villas at Constance
- Find out why Smith & Family rates Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Halaveli
- Discover the top 10 family adventures in the Seychelles.