Every Friday we publish a deliciously tempting recipe from the Constance kitchens, so you can serve up some 5-star style at home.
Chicken and prawn curry in coconut milk
Here’s a round-up of the 5 most popular recipes we’ve published over the last few months. Hunker down this weekend and try your hand at one of these tasty treats.
1. Chicken and prawn curry in coconut milk
This Mauritian chicken and prawn curry is served in a spicy coconut sauce.
2. Lemon compote with star anise and vanilla
Very easy to make – this makes the perfect partner for seafood or duck.
3. Pan-roasted sea bass with mild spices
Served on a salad of warm spinach, asparagus and berries with an almond-green chilli vinaigrette. Scrumptious.
Ultimate spare ribs
4. Ultimate spare ribs
Stuart Blair, the executive chef at Moofushi, has brought back from his native Australia a very special recipe for spare ribs.
5. Spicy chicken legs – Mauritius style
Super-tasty finger food – just remember to make plenty.
Don’t forget – every Friday we publish more Constance recipes. And if you’ve missed others, you’ll find them all in the Culinary section.
This week’s delicious recipe from the Constance kitchens is Lemon compote with star anise and vanilla. It’s the perfect partner for seafood or duck.
Star anise is a key ingredient for Mauritian lemon compote
Let us know how you get on and send us your comments and pictures of your own lemon compote.
You can get in contact with us via Twitter, Facebook or the comments section below.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 1/2hours
- 1 kg lemons
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 star anise
- 500g sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Brush lemons under cold running water and cut 4 vertical slits into each of them.
2. Cook them for 4 minutes in boiling salted water, then put them into iced water. Do this three times to remove any bitter taste.
3. Cut the lemons in 4, remove seeds. Then cut the lemons into wedges, and then dice them.
4. Put the diced lemons in a saucepan, add 1 litre of water, the vanilla, star anise and sugar Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
5. Allow to cool and keep in the fridge until needed.