If you’re looking for beauty tips, the blog from London Beauty Queen is full of great insider advice on everything from holiday sun care to the best make-up on the market right now.
LBQ, as she’s affectionately known, has worked in the beauty industry for the past 7 years, testing thousands of products so she can share her successes and failures with her fans – turning you all, as she says, into beauty queens.
We chatted to her about her work and her must-have beauty list for the Autumn.
How it all began
The success of the LBQ blog has taken its creator by surprise. “It began as a way for me to mix my marketing experience, love of writing and passion for beauty. At uni I did a work placement at an agency, and that really helped me to get a job in the industry after I left.”
Tips on best beauty products
The online community following her tips and tricks has steadily grown. “I write about stuff that I like. You’ll find tips on luxury products as well as best-buys like the best lipgloss or mascara for under £5. People love that.”
Followers of LBQ’s blog also get an insight into high profile events such as London Fashion Week. “I can post a photo from backstage to Facebook or my blog about what’s happening right at that very moment.”
Luxe beauty must-have for A/W 2011
As for this Autumn’s luxury must-have beauty products, just launched are these two lovelies from luxury brand Rodial:
- Glam balm lip – promising to plump your lips, and fill fine lines it includes rose wax, shea butter and vitamin E.
- Glam balm hand – chock full with fab ingredients to give a youthful touch to your hands: olive leaf extract, vitamins C & E, grapeseed extract and Shea Butter.
Check out LBQ’s blog
Don’t miss some of the latest reviews on the London Beauty Queen blog including:
- Fully concealed – the best concealers for every skin type
- The Royal Ballet – their brand new body product range
- Age-defying haircare from Toni & Guy’s professional range
Are there any beauty tips you want to know?